Louet David conversion

  • This topic has 10 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 4 months ago by NANCY.
  • Author

    Posts

    • May 13, 2018 at 5:09 pm #43927

      Hello

      Novice Weaver here… (3 months).  Currently using a 24# Macomber, 4 harness.  Looking to purchase second hand the older David Louet and want to upgrade both the beater bar (from overhead to slider) as well as add the braking system.

      Has anyone here upgraded and is it a difficult task to do so?

      Thanks,

      Andrew

      Providence, Rhode Island

    • May 13, 2018 at 10:10 pm #43934

      I have an older Louet David that came with the overhead beater.  We had no trouble installing the new sliding beater, when it became available.  We also installed the brake system, and as far as I remember, it didn't cause any problems either!  Go for it – you'll love your "new to you" David!  I couldn't part with mine 😁

    • June 2, 2018 at 3:16 pm #44663

    • June 2, 2018 at 5:32 pm #44671

      The loom looks great, Andrew!  Jane sells both the braking system and the sliding beater.  Check out the "Shop" tab to your left and then head into Weaving Looms – you should find what you are looking for.  How wide is the David you will be adopting?

    • February 7, 2019 at 6:42 pm #65302

      Well, after many months, the Conversion kit and friction brake finally came in.  The pictures that accompanied the installation instructions are a bit tiny for my old eyes.  Wondering if anyone here might have any tips or pointers they learned by installing?  Anything I need to know before disassembling this weekend?  Thanks!!

      • February 8, 2019 at 10:44 am #65357

        Hi Andrew,

        Exciting to have the conversion kits! I haven't installed one and hopefully someone will chime in with some tips, in the meantime, here's a link to Louet's list of installation instructions in PDFs that you might be able to make the print larger on your computer.

        http://www.louet.nl/en/instructies

        Ginette

    • February 8, 2019 at 11:23 am #65372

      Hi from "me too", Andrew 😉  We installed my conversion kit about 10 years ago and my mind gets rustier with age…..  However, if you still have a problem after Ginette's suggestion, I can probably take a photo of the area you are concerned about as you go through the process, and post it.  Sometimes visuals help – at least they do for me.

    • February 20, 2019 at 8:55 am #66444

      I just installed my conversion kit. I had a hard time figuring out how to flip the jig so they holes would be correct. Still have the jig and could take a picture for you on loom, if this would help.
      I layed all the pieces to make sure I understood where they went first.

      For the front, where you drill the smaller holes, wished we didn't drill all the way through the upright. You can see how far the screw would go in.

      Hope this helps.

    • July 7, 2019 at 12:28 am #81236

      I purchased an older Louet David loom.  Everything is there except the two pieces that the swinging beater attaches to.

      If you have purchased the conversion kit, would you kindly consider selling me the two pieces that attach to the castle, that the swinging beater attaches to?  I really love the swinging beater.

      thank you

      Nancy

      • July 7, 2019 at 9:18 am #81246

        Where do you live, Nancy?  Parts of a loom might be awkward to ship long distances or across borders.

      • July 7, 2019 at 10:16 am #81248

        I am in the USA, Florida.  I don't like the gliding beater at all.  What I need are the two pieces of wood that are attached to the castle, that hold the swinging beater.  I have everything else for this loom.

        I dont want to hijack this thread, I posted a help question on the raverly help line thread.  Help!

        Thank you

        nancy

  • Author

    Posts

  • The forum 'Season 1 – Foundation' is closed to new topics and replies.